Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Coincidences abound!

Maybe nobody checks this blog anymore, but I am really excited about something. My sister gave me a book to read over the break called "A Life at Work" by Thomas Moore. There are inspirational quotes at the beginning of each chapter. I just got to Chapter 4 and read this:

"Leonardo advised aspiring artists to discover the pictures to be found in cracks in walls; Chinese sages were conceived as their mothers stepped into the footprints of unicorns; all of us make up our lives out of the cracks in the walls of our past memories and the unicorn footprints of our future."
Lynda Sexson

I gasped when I read this. A coincidence again! Is it too much of a stretch to think that this is the Lynda Sexson who was our guest speaker in Lit 240? I don't think so. Not many other people with a name like that would speak such wise words. Some Google-ing has revealed that the quote is from a book called "Ordinarily Sacred" by Sexson. And it is the same Sexson.

And I would recommend "A Life at Work," if you're looking for something to read and/or are lost in life.

I might check out "Ordinarily Sacred," too.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Karen,
    If you're interested in Thomas Moore's writing, check out Barque, a blog dedicated to his work at http://barque.blogspot.com. I enjoyed reading Ordinarily Sacred.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Karen, Great story,(Craig's too)!Jeanie*

    ReplyDelete