Saturday, November 7, 2009

Time

The idea that there is so much time and so little to do is novel, but anybody who believes that is boring. I definitely would not be able to keep up my grades if I did not somewhat plan out the way I spend my time (without a planner of course).

"Time is the master," [thanks to Pink Floyd], is a very true statement. It isn't that there are so little things to do, but that we have to choose what to do with our time. Technically, we are the masters of our own time, but we can't control how much time we have, so in the end, time is the master.

My mom always used to tell me, "You're burning the candle at both ends!" I go to sleep late and wake up early 90% of the time, even often on weekends, because I am always on the verge of being overcommitted.

I just found a Bob Marley & The Wailers version of "Go, Tell It on the Mountain" on my computer. I'm inspired.

As I have no commitments this weekend until Sunday at 4, I'm making it my goal to finish The Slave and half of The Good Book.

No comments:

Post a Comment