Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Test 2

I originally planned to read everything for the test over the weekend and spend a good amount of time Monday studying, but events never go as planned.

What actually happened was a read a little over the weekend, then Monday rolled around. I woke up at 3:30 am Monday morning with a splitting headache. I couldn't figure out why, so I drank some water and went back to sleep. When I woke up again at 7, the headache was still going strong. It was bad enough that it was distracting, so I rummaged around in my drawer for some Advil or Motrin. I couldn't find either, but I did have some Hydrocodone left over from previous ailments. It seemed like my best option, so I took one and went to work from 8-10, where I consumed copious amounts of water in hopes that it would stave off the headache. I came home after work and read Good Book, and things were going well. Around 11:30 the headache returned. I took another Hydrocodone. I don't want to sound like a pill-popper, but headaches like that rarely happen to me, and it was my best option.

I had class from 2-3, and I planned on spending a couple hours on campus after class and studying, but then I had to walk to Culbertson to turn in a Study Abroad application and I decided it would be easier to walk home and study there. Then when I got home, a friend from Alaska was visiting so I got distracted, and lo and behold the night slipped away and very little studying ensued. I went to my room to try to read, but laying in bed I closed my eyes and all productivity ceased. I became too tired and distracted by my still-lingering headache to get anything of value accomplished, so I gave up. It was a bad decision on my part, and something I rarely do. I always try to be as prepared as possible for tests, but it was not happening on Monday. Might I add that at this time "the way of women was upon me." It's an excuse. I'm using it. I'm not sure if it had anything to do with my headache but it probably had something to do with my general sluggishness.

Tuesday morning I had a group project presentation at 8 am. I was not on top of my game. I then skipped my 9:30 class to try to cram for the test at 11, but I knew I was already destined to fail. A feeling of impending doom loomed over my all morning, getting worse as 11:00 approached. By the time I was sitting in class, I was prepared to get a low score, and I wanted to get it over with.

Sure enough, my performance was less than stellar. I am pretty embarrassed about the whole situation because I knew it was a "stupid test" and I was worse than stupid. But considering the circumstances, I'm glad it's over.

No comments:

Post a Comment